Sunday, October 21, 2007

GORE: I'LL TURNABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE

Al Gore announced today that he is to be frozen in a glacier for three days to raise awareness of climate change. The former vice-president of the United States recently received the Nobel Peace Prize for his environmental activism. "Climate change is a vital issue for us all," stated Mr Gore in press conference today. "By becoming an iceman, I will be able to highlight this." Mr Gore has been working with well-known New York magician David Blaine to ensure that he will survive the seventy-two hour freezing in Nunavut's Turnabout Glacier.
"After the freezing, I will tear myself out of the glacier and stomp, ice-covered, to Washington DC, which is incidentally my birthplace, in order to present a world petition to the leaders of my country to stop their heedless and selfish waste of natural resources when the rest of the world is putting some effort in." Added Gore: "The iceman cometh, and I hope it will scare the bejesus out of them."

No comments: